Tuesday, September 8, 2009

"Talk is cheap but baby not to me..."

"the words you speak can bring me to my knees." (Matthew Mayfield, "As Long As You're Not Leaving")

Hello children!

How was everyone's Labor Day? Laborful? Yes? Not so much? Moving on from a bad joke.

The 'rents and I went out to the local Catholic church in our community. Every Labor Day they have a huge BBQ sale, arts and crafts exhibit/sale and a massive Yard/Garage Sale. We hit up the latter of the day's events. I racked up on some Disney LPs. I know what you're thinking, and I'm very aware of my dorkdom. Whatever.

I did, however, almost beat the crap out of Santa. He was all invading my personal space while I was looking thru some stuff in one room. I realized he was there when I heard this nasty heavy breathing close to me and then smelled his nasty. old man stink.

Was it really Santa? For all of those who still believe, no. He was not the real deal. He wasn't even a Santa impostinator. He was just some old guy with white hair and a long white beard wearing an awful-looking, worn-out Alabama polo (shame to the name), and some different shade of red slacks of some sort. Oh! Not to mention the pawpaw, trucker hat.

Anywho. I'm getting things ready so that Painting of the Bedroom 2009 can commence. Hopefully tomorrow. I'm taking pictures of the progress and such.

Aaaaaaand I'm peacin' out to go eat.

The End.

2 comments:

John Pender said...

I love sales like that, especially when barbecue is involved!

John Pender said...

BTW, please accept my Facebook friend request. I joined your fan page too. You should join mine and up your coolness factor. :p