Sunday, February 15, 2009

"'To know what would have happened, child?' said Aslan..."

"'No. Nobody is ever told that.'" (Lewis, The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian)

Hello children!

An eighteen-wheeler fell OFF the OVERPASS in front of our church this morning! No lie. NO. LIE. As far as we know the driver is okay, we didn't get to find out too many details. His cab was still up on the bank, or the interstate, but his trailer was not so much. It wasn't hanging off the side, it was more like "parked" on the slant of the hill. I involuntarily started laughing when I saw it. I know, it's horrible, but I did. I didn't know what else to do so I just started laughing...every time I opened my mouth to say something.

So, I've decided -- okay, more like told and finally complied with -- to take a break from my home church. I need a break from a few situations, a few circumstances and a few people. I just feel stressed (way more than you should in a church and also in a church community) and like I can't breathe. So, Im going to go visit at a few churches that some friends are attenders/members of; spend some time with them. I'm excited about this! I wasn't at first but now I am.

Um... what else, what else, what else.... I still owe a more in-depth info blog on Joyful Noise 2009. That'll come later (Yes, it will. No, I haven't forgotten.).

Well, I gotsta go do a lil' bit o' laundry for work tomorrow before I heads to bed.

Peace out, kiddies!

The End.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, I've always wondered about the tire marks you see on the concrete side walls on the bridges and overpasses around here. It always puzzles me as to how someone can manage to get their tire all the way to the top.