Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"A good book is the precious lifeblood of a master spirit,..."

"...embalmed and treasured up on purpose to a life beyond life." - John Milton


Hello children!

So, I've finally taken a few pictures of my Thrift Shop treasures I've been mentioning every now and then... Keyword: finally.

 So, I had already owned about five-six of The Baby-Sitter's Club books and started collecting
 more of them (mainly the Marry Anne stories) and decided that since these are no longer in print (yes, tis a sad fact kids) I would start collecting the entire series. I'm doing this not just for myself, but also for my future, unborn daughters and nieces. Hahaha! Starting my library, peeps. Yes, yes. I'm not just collecting Baby-Sitter's Club books, but also other books that I think would be a great addition to a library for children. All kinds of pimped-out excitement. Then again, when am I not when it comes to books? Hahaha!

I also have started collecting figurines and frames and stuff that remind me of characters from some of my favorite books, or that simply remind me of my favorite books in general. This little guy is "Pigwidgeon" from the Harry Potter series. I think he's adorable. He's probably 4 inches tall...should have sized him next to something for more of an effect, but I didn't so oh well. I have a few other figurines that didn't come from the Thrift Shop but those pictures aren't being posted at this point in time. This is my postage to Thrift Shop findings. The End.


Another lovely find and addition to my library! The Little Prince! All kinds of definite excitement on this find. Hecks yes!


Anyway. I really should not be awake posting this at this point in the evening. I have to be up early in the morning for work and need to go to bed.

I'm peacin' out homies. More later!

The End.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My sister used to have all of those books.