Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"A smile is the perfect gift,"

"personal and encouraging." -- The inside of my Dove Chocolate wrapper

"And the rain, rain, rain came down, down, down..."

And boy howdy did it ever today!

Hello children! Man, oh, man did it ever pour showers and buckets of fat rainy drops today. All day. Which made for a very slow-traffic day at work. Not so good for sales at all, but I was okay with that because we were able to bring stuff out of the stock room and complete tasks that desperately needed to be done in preparation for Thursday when we'll be having another truck bring more merchandise.

On my way home I actually switched my radio station over to WDJC (our local Christian radio station for you non-Alabamerians/Birminghamers) and heard Francesca Battistelli's new single "Free To Be Me." Yeah...it only confirmed my fandom for her music. So glad God had me hear that one. Look it up and give it a lil' listen, kiddies. Its a goody.

I've been experimentationing with my Photoshop program I gots for Christmas. Having a ball of a time. Yeppie. I'll have to work more with it and eventually post my outcomes.

As mentioned in the previous post I shall now reveal my New Year's Resolution list for 2009. Ready. Set. Listing.

1. Memorize a verse of Scripture each week.
2. Keep a regular journal log.
3. Write more.
4. Learn to be more quiet [in regards to listening/talking to God].
5. Take a minimum of one new picture each week.
6. Show one act of concern/care for friends each day.
7. Pray more.
8. Read more.
9. Notice more.
10. Talk less when appropriate and speak when appropriate.
11. Love more.
12. Clean once a week.
13. Doodle, draw, create art work more.
14. Write letters [as in pen and paper, stamp and envelope letters -- a lost art].

So far so good with some of the items on the list. I'm happy. I'm pretty stoked to see how things turn out over the year.

Well, I'm going to peace out and try to get to sleep at a decent hour tonight for work tomorrow morning.

Peace out homies!

The End.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It rained pretty decent over here too. Not enough to fill our lake back up, but decent.