Monday, January 5, 2009

"In the absences of a decent time machine,"

"fiction remains the most sturdy vehicle for visiting other eras." --Tom Nolan,  The Wall Street Journal

Hello childerenians! So sorry it has been a while since my last contribution to the blogging world.

Christmas was good. I must say it did blow by like a crazy-fast gust of wind. Sad day indeed. I would have loved to have enjoyed the season more than I was not able to. I got two-thirds of my Wish List (woo hoo!). I got a copy of Photoshop for my Mac-y Lap-y; no more editing photos on the desktop and transferring them over. I also got some sort of loverly device that I can plug my guitar/microphone/keyboards/etc. into and then plug it into my Mac and do some pretty decent recordings with. All sorts of excited about both of those giftasesasisms. Yeppie.

New Year's wasn't too much of a bust. I had to work opening shift New Year's Eve as well as New Year's Day, so needless to say I couldn't stay out too long after the new year rang in. Hahaha!....er, sad.

I did make some resolutions. I'm not too big on doing such, but they're different this year. This year's list will be prayed over throughout the whole year. Not everything on the list may not be fulfilled depending on the different season's of my life throughout this year. Hence the praying. What I think I may need to work on or do may not exactly be what God wants me to focus on, so my list is flexible and open to change and tweaking. I'll post my list as of so far later.... It's not sitting next to me at this point in time.

Funny story before I peace out: I was driving home from work a few days ago and was stopped at a traffic light when I looked at the house to my left and saw that in the yard were Christmas decorations (yes, still, but technically its the first week after New Year's and unwritten rule you can still leave 'em up...whatever.). In this yard were three of the white, wicker, white-light reindeer and a Santa figure beside them. Whether due to high winds from the rainy weather we've been having lately or lovely little vandals, the Santa was lying face down on the ground in front of the reindeer with the reindeer looking down triumphantly over him. It was almost as if the deer taken Santa out. It was slightly dark outside and I didn't have a camera to document this glorious sight. I saw it once more before it was finally taken down and again did not have a camera handy and it was getting dark. Oh how I wish it had been light outside so I could have at least gotten a crappy phone picture of it.

That's all for now. Peace out homies.

The End.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have a Mac? Nerd.
Then again, I shouldn't talk. I've been playing around with Linux. How much nerdier can you get?