Saturday, October 11, 2008

"The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost,..."

"to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience." --Eleanor Roosevelt

Hello, hello my loverlies!

So, a change is coming. I know it down in my heart and can feel it in my soul. I believe it to be true. The tough part right now is preparing myself for it because I don't know when it will come. And that is all I shall say about that...

Moving on.

For all of you who have not experienced the musical stylings of a one Joshua Radin, please...go forth and do so. I recommend the following from his album Simple Things: "I'd Rather Be With You" and "They Bring Me To You". And! from his album We Were Here: "What If You".

Please, do yourself a favor and check him out. He's got a MySpace and a facebook, if I'm not mistaken.

Still moving on.

I haven't done this in quite a while and thought I should recycle it for the sake of silly memories. This is called something like, Your Life Soundtrack, or something to the effect of it being the soundtrack to your life if your life should ever be a movie. Got it? Good.

So what you do is, take a sheet of paper and number 1 - 21 in a column. You then bring up your music player/library and set it to "random all". Press play. When a song comes up you write the title of that song next to each number until you have filled in all 21 slots. When you have finished compare the songs to the list (list is given below...). It is slightly on the fun side with the understatement on the word slightly. Do not skip over songs! Whatever comes up first goes! Makes it more...whatever...

I used to do this each month and have them as playlists on my iPod. Sometimes they really did match up for whatever was going on with me for that month. The End.

  1. Opening Credits: "Saturday" by Marc Broussard
  2. Waking Up: "Movin' On" by Elliot Yamin
  3. Falling in Love: "The Bird" by Shawn Colvin
  4. Fight scene: "Odalisque" by The Decemberists
  5. Walking in the Rain: "Holiest Of Thieves" by The Myriad
  6. Breaking up: "When The War Came" by The Decemberists
  7. Getting back together: "The Minnow & The Trout" by A Fine Frenzy
  8. Secret Love: "Breathe" by Michelle Branch
  9. Life's Okay: "All I Can Do" by Tyrone Wells
  10. Mental Breakdown: "Sometimes I Can't Make It Alone" by Mae
  11. Driving Flashback: "My Desire" by Jeremy Camp
  12. Partying: "Map Of The Problematique" by Muse
  13. Happy Dance: "Gone" by Sitchfoot
  14. Regretting: "Carve Your Heart" by Dashboard Confessional
  15. Long Night Alone: "Can't Get You Out Of My Mind" by Aqulaung
  16. The Enemy Approaches: "I Wish I Were You" by Aaron Sprinkle
  17. Running Away: "Gave It All Away" by RED
  18. Deciding to Fight: "We'll Never Know" by Lifehouse
  19. Final Battle: "I'll Take You On" by Howie Day
  20. Death Scene: "Scratch" by Kendall Payne
  21. End Credits: "A Thousand Winters Melting" by The Myriad

So, there you have it. Now, I do admit to skipping over songs in my library because they were a) Christmas songs, b) songs from musical soundtracks and/or c) they were symphonic instrumental stuff. So...yeah. Go forth and have fun too!

Peacin' out to my bed now.

The End.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What change? What change?

Ashley Moring said...

soo... if you don't update, I don't have anything to read during my day when I get bored!