Wednesday, August 13, 2008

"One million chains could never hold back this moment in time."

"One thousand dreams could never dream what this moment truly means."

Hi. Hello there. Welcome.

So, I'm watching Juno for the first time in what feels like for-eh-ver. And as I'm sitting here watching I am yet reminded of the thoughts of, "Man! Why can't people talk like that in real life?!" 'cause, let's be honest...its hilarious (for those of you who have seen the movie; if you haven't, for shame!).

So, I am so in want of a T-shirt that says Phelps Phan across it. Yes, I truly do, as corny as the spelling is. I truly am a fan of the Michael Phelps. The End on that. P.s., The word "truly" truly is a fun word to use.

Speaking of the Olympics: Who feels absolutely horrible for Alicia Sacramone of the U.S.A. Women's Gymnastics team? Me. This kid 
right here. I was watching the final four rotations of their competition(s) last night. She did really well on her vault and then when it came time for her to perform her routine on the beam, she lost her balance when mounting. But! She did perform the rest of the routine very, very well. Then, on her floor routine, she lost her balance when landing and fell backwards and then stepped out of bounds on the following pass. I just wanted to hug her and let her cry. She held her composure and didn't shed tears (really) through the rest of the performances while the cameras were on them. The End on that as well.

So, our youth minister got hitched this past Saturday. It was nice. We didn't get to stay for very long during the reception 'cause the gaggle of oldies that rode the "bus" with us wanted to leave not too long after the reception had started. Okay, peeps... The wedding was just north of Huntsville. We drove from Birmingham. That's a good 2 1/2 - 3 hours of travel time up and the same back. We did not drive 6 hours to stay for one hour... So, we didn't get to watch them leave, but we did get to watch the first dance and the dancing with the parents. I wanted to cut in on the happy couple during a slow song and dance with Megan, not Joe. I told her I had every intention of doing such in front of everyone but because the majority consensus of the "bus" wanted to leave, I couldn't.

One last thing before I peace out on this post! In, officially, 8 days (not counting today), I will be leaving for Mobile (because of the stupid oil spillage I won't be going to New Orleans, boo that crap!) to board a ginormous cruise ship and head for the sunny seas to Cozumel, Mexico! Aaah, aah, aah, aaaaah! (That last bit was a chorus of angels singing in 8-part harmony from the open heavens above.)

Still working on those pics from the Baltimore trippy-trip. No worries.

Gotta go piddle. Peace out.

The End.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still want to see that movie! Everyone says it's so good.
Oh, and I'm a Phelps fan now too. I'm watching the Olympics just mesmerized by him.