Thursday, August 21, 2008

"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends;"

"they are most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."  Charles W. Eliot (The Happy Life)

Hello children!

Why am I on the internet? I should be packing!

Packing? You ask. Yes, packing. I'll tell you why. I'm leaving tomorrow to go on a cruise! Woo to the Hoo! My first, evah... 

I have a few "outfits" picked out. I had to finish up a last bit of laundry yesterday before church so that I could finally choose clothes for the trip. Last minute? Yes, very.

Come along my friends! Rejoice with me! I got a new camera! Yay! I don't know if I mentioned before, but...sad times, my other camera needs some repairs. It has a lens error. It was dropped. On accident. Twice. In a year-and-a-half. It had the same error a year ago after the first unholy event took place and magically started working again one day after a year. So, I began using it again, to my happy little souls content. Then...it happened again, but was dropped from 3 inches off the floor (both drops by my own hand, btw)! It hit on just the right angle to make it stop working again.

Anyway. On to brighter and happier times. I got a Nikon D40! Hecks yes I did! I paid for half and the 'rents paid for the other half (early Christmas present in time for the cruise). I've been snappin' shots here and there around the house since I got it. Nothing too exciting to post really. Maybe I'll post some, not sure yet.

So, the good thing about this cruise thang hap-hap-happenin' is the fact that my room is clean again! Praise God from Whom all blessings flow! I hate. And I mean hate with all caps, H-A-T-E, when my room is not clean and organized. Funny, 'cause it seems to be in that untidy state quite often.... Mainly laundry in baskets that I despise folding and putting up and stacks of binders and loose papers of guitar chords/tabs that line around the floor in my room. I recently have accumulated a few stacks of books as well because I have officially (way beyond) outgrown my bookcase. I seriously need another one. I don't know where I'd put another one, but I need one. I love books. I can't stop buying them. I can't stop reading them. I have a problem. The End.

Speaking of books and reading. Just incase you didn't notice my Lit. 101 update, I started reading Twilight, by Stephenie Meyer, the other day. Soooo stinkin' good! I'm almost finished with it. To all those who told me it'd be my new reading addiction, congratulations, you won. Seriously some good readin' right there. Read it.

Well, I am off to pack for for real this time...

Peace out.

The End.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got my eye on a Canon Digital SLR camera, but have to wait to pay the old credit card down a little.
Have fun on the cruise!

Ashley Moring said...

Gah hurry up and finish already! :) Have fun on the cruise! Maybe you'll see some dolphins and they'll swim beside the boat. That happened to me!

Clay Perry said...

you are so right... books are the best of friends