Monday, April 14, 2008

Someday my Jim will come...

...and my Ron and my Roger, all combined into one.

The meeting has officially come to order...
I went to the EISLEY/ The Myriad/Vedera/The Envy Corps concert last night at Zydeco. And, extremely surprisingly, there were probably 50 people at that concert. No lie. I was sad for the bands for the little show... But, at the same time I was totally stoked because it was very enjoyable because of the little crowd. I was merely inches away from the bands. Seriously, Stacy's (from EISLEY) keyboard was about 6 inches from my face. It was the bestest b'day present concert I could ask for! I will definitely be posting pictures later (possibly tomorrow).

After the show was over I got to chat with the guys from The Myriad. They are really cool guys. I pre-ordered their album that is coming out in May and got a 5-song EP for free along with two buttons (again, who doesn't love a piece of flair?!). I got them to autograph -- yes, I went fangirl, but mild-manner fangirl, and had them do it -- my cd, which is a limited quantity cd...woot! I am currently listening to it as I blog this very blog.

I am officially fans of Vedera and The Envy Corps. I believe they have MySpace pages (as do The Myriad and EISLEY), so if you get a chance, check 'em out. They are a rockin' good time.

Next order of business...
Four days until we leave for Joyful Noise 2008! I am super-stoked excited about this festival! I will be even more super-stoked excited when my cds get here, which I am hoping will be Tuesday or Wednesday. I am still praying and working on set list(s). I'm definitely playing my 5 along with some covers, but as to which covers...I'm still waiting on the final cut.

New business...
So, I was browsing through some Xanga pages and came across this fun little thing. Now, I am at the Mac and don't have all my music loaded on this thing, so it probably won't be as funny, I guess, as it could be, but here we go.

The Rules:
1. Open up the music player on your computer.
2. Set it to play your entire music collection.
3. Hit the shuffle command.
4. Tell us the title of the next twenty-five songs that show up (with musicians), no mater how embarrassing. That's right, no skipping that KEVIN FEDERLINE tune that will totally destroy your hip credibility. It's ime for total musical honesty.

The Results:
1. Brightly Wound, EISLEY
2. Apologize, OneRepublic
3. Come Clean, EISLEY
4. Head Against the Sky, EISLEY
5. Running Man, Hanson
6. Been There Before, Hanson
7. I Drove All Night, Carly Smithson (American Idol)
8. Daydream, Jason Castro (Americna Idol)
9. Your Man, Josh Turner
10. In My Life, The Beatles
11. Happy Together, Brooke White (American Idol)
12. Hallelujah, Jason Castro (American Idol)
13. Mr. Tom, Patrick Watson
14. Georgia, Hanson
15. Giver, Patrick Watson
16. Hold You In My Arms, Ray Lamontagne
17. If I Fell, Jason Castro (American Idol)
18. Little Sparrow, David Cook (American Idol)
19. Even The Streets, Matt Wertz
20. Plenty Of Paper, EISLEY
21. Blue Sky, Hanson
22. Combinations, EISLEY
23. Night And Day, The Good Life
24. What Hurts The Most, Rascal Flatts
25. Don't Stop Believing, Journey

Yeah, it would have been waaaay more interesting had I been on the desktop. Eh, maybe another post I'll do it again and from there.

Well, that's all kiddies. Peace out.

The End.

P.s., References are: Jim, The Office; Ron, Harry Potter novels; Roger, 101 Dalmations (Animated, yes, animated version. Shut it.).

2 comments:

Ashley Moring said...

I heart 101 Dalmatians. The animated version is better than Glenn Close. Your birthday present finally came in! Yippee!

i dig musicians said...

*squee!*

Totally agree! Animated is waaaaay better than live action version. No doubt.