Monday, March 17, 2008

"And you're still here like a flower in rain,"

"You get knocked down then you rise up again."

Two things...
1. Very much stuck on the song "Flower In Rain" by Stephen Kellogg & The Sixers. If you haven't heard it, do such. (The slow version, not the upbeat)
2. I am still very much convinced that my daughter will look like Boo from Monsters, Inc., minus the whole being a Pixar computer animated generated imaging thingy...

Moving on...
3:16 went really, really well Sunday evening. It was an awesome night of worship! My favorite part of the evening was getting to watch two deaf gentlemen standing with the congregation, worshipping God, signing along to lift their voices of praise...made me smile every time I saw them!

Sunday morning we sang two songs from the musical at Eastside, In Him and Hosanna! (Praise Is Rising). In Him was the song I had the solo to...and I don't remember a time I've ever been that stomach-filled-with-butterflies anxiety before. I don't know why it was that bad, really. I felt slightly ill because of it. Later that afternoon when we got to rehersal prior to the performance the nerves had calmed down and I was fine. All during rehersal, fine. Performance time comes and it's now time for me to do the solo: I don't remember being nervous. It was crazy! Afterwards when we all went to eat, Will asked me if I was nervous and I told him that I hadn't been and that it was really weird because of earlier that day. He told me that Mark (our pastor) had told him -- and I guess a few others -- to pray for me because I'd been so nerve-wracked earlier. Totally worked.

That entire solo was God. I can't explain it any other way. Every note, every word, every etc. about the solo was God.

Flashback...
When we had auditions for solos and praise team I was nervous sitting out in the hallway with all the other auditioners. We could hear people through the door if you stood right next to it. The lady who auditioned right before me (for the same song I did) was really good. There was another lady (who was picked for praise team) who was auditioning for the same song who went after me. I didn't get to hear her that day, but I had heard her the week before in rehersals and she is really, really good. So, later in the afternoon, after auditions are completed, I get a phone call from our choir director telling me that I was chosen, by a unanimous vote among all the directors, to sing the solo for In Him. Completely shocked by hearing this; I mainly auditioned so that I wouldn't kick myself for not at least trying, I hadn't expected to get one. After hearing this I keep asking God, "Why me? Why did you have them choose me when I know of at least two ladies at that audition who could sing it better?" I didn't know why, but I knew there was some reason for it, otherwise it wouldn't have happened.

Back to the present...
After the musical was over and we were talking to each other and leaving the church, a gentleman approached me and asked if I was the girl who sang the solo. I told him I was. He shook my hand and introduced himself as Mychael John Thomas. He then asked me if I had ever done any recording. I told him I was actually in the process of recording a demo. He then hands me a business card and tells me that he is a record producer. (What?!) He tells me to think about it and message him later. I thank him and then he walks off. Not five minutes later he comes back and asks how old I am and then tells me he's looking for an artist and that he's got connections with Nashville and Word Records. (Are you kidding me?!) I thanked him again and that was it.

Moral of the story...
Is this why? Is this the answer to the question I asked God weeks ago when I was told I was to sing this song? I don't know. I would very much like to know, no doubt. So, we all know that prayer works, so my request to any who read this: Please pray for clear direction/guidance/answers about this..., 'cause I sho' 'nuff needs it.

Well, that's about it. I need to get in the bed soon; have to be up really, really early in the a.m.

Peace out!

The End.

P.s., Here's a lil' sumthin' sumthin' from Stephen Kellogg & The Sixers

1 comment:

Ashley Moring said...

Can we still be friends when you make it big?