Saturday, March 15, 2008

"It's a big girl world now..."

Nice to meet you..."...full of big girl things, and every day I wish I was small."

Oh, Kendall Payne, how I heart thoust's music. If you've never heard it, go and listen to her song "Scratch"...amazingly, hauntingly beautiful.

Moving on...

So, (technically) later today we will be performing the music of 3:16 at Cathedral of the Cross here in Birmingham. Nervous? Yes, yes I am...slightly...whenever I think about it. For those who've not heard, our church choir, along with 8 other church choirs are combining to form one ginormous church choir and performing the worship musical 3:16. The musical is based on the book titled 3:16, The Numbers of Hope, by Max Lucado.

cover

Why so nervous? You'll be in a big group singing. Oh! Did I fail to mention I landed one of the songs that is primarily a solo? Yeah, I did. That's where the big nervousness is rooted. Right there... Actually, the major part of the nerves is rooted in the fact that my face is going to be on a big honkin' screen in the worship center while I do this.

I'll be fine once the song starts and I get through the first verse and first chorus.

Anyway. It's really late and I need to go to sleep so that I can wake up on time for church in the morning.

Peace out!

The End.

P.s., It's always Penny & Me tonight...

1 comment:

Ashley Moring said...

ALWAYS Penny and me tonight! And you did a wonderful job singing... I mean you got a record deal. You were right though, you were totally into it after you got through the first verse and chorus. Have fun being in Pelham before the sun wakes up...