Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"What’s the ratio of Stanley nickels to Schrute bucks?"

"Same as the ratio of unicorns to leprechauns."

Okay, okay, okay. The Office gods are smiling down upon me. Two in one week!

In my previous post I mentioned about the Dwight Schrute definition of a hero, tonight...at choir practice...The Jinx and No Coke.

Seriously! This is crazy funny!

So, my friend Ashley and I are sitting in choir practice and the choir director tells the choir we'll be leaving soon and we turn to each other, at the same time, say, "Promises, promises." And after a split-second pause Ashley says, "Jinx!"

We both start laughing... Me silently and she quietly -- we're still in choir.

We are absolutely in a fit of laughter because we just keep thinking about the episode of The Office when Pam jinxes Jim and he can't talk all day because the vending machine is out of cokes. It is a definite funny episode that you must see if you haven't already.

Anyway. So, I go along with the rules and don't speak. Ashley's crackin' up because 1) I'm going along with this in honor of the show and 2) she keeps threatening to call me out and put me in a position to speak when, technically, I can't -- just like Pam did to Jim. Then, as choir is rapping up a few people are talking to me which makes Ashley laugh even more which makes me get a tough case of giggles.

Oh! Did I mention I didn't have money to go to the vending machine? Yeah... I totally wrote a note and bummed it off of someone, booked it to the gym, bought a coke and ran back to Ashley...who was laughing, still, at me.

Okay, it was funny to us.

The End.

2 comments:

Ashley Moring said...

Just reading it made me laugh all over again. hahaha If only Bro.Carl had asked you to sing your solo last night! Man!

i dig musicians said...

That would have been crazy funny!