Sunday, February 24, 2008

"You look cute today, Dwight."

Dwight: "Thanks, girl."

So...as I mentioned before, I have very much gotten into The Office. You watch these episodes and wonder, "Man, when could I possibly put something in Jell-O?" or, "Wow, when could I use that Dwight quote, because that's really a rare moment in real life that that would come up."

I GOT MY MOMENT TODAY IN SUNDAY SCHOOL!!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!

No lie.

So, as our S.S. leader is beginning lesson, the first question out of her mouth is, "What's your definition of a 'hero'?"

A light from Heaven shone down upon our classroom and a host of angels sang. It was beautiful. You almost could cry, it was that beautiful (why would I lie about this?).

I looked across at Ryan (one of those who has contributed to my new fandom of this show), smile, and began to quote (not word-for-word...not there yet) Dwight's definition of a hero. We just started laughing. I couldn't even finish saying it without laughing. It was too perfect.

I mean, seriously?! That's not typical, everyday conversation right there...

Anyway. One of the two Dwight's def. of a hero quotes is as followed:

"The guys who wake up every morning and go into their normal jobs, and get a distress call from the commissioner, and take off their glasses and change into capes, and fly around fighting crime. Those are the real heroes."

That's really all I have to say... I'm still over the moon about this.

The End.

P.s., I took the Official NBC's Which Office Character Are You quiz, and I was Pam. Totally didn't rig it to come out like that either.

No comments: