Monday, October 1, 2007

Insert odd catch-phrase headline here...

Fo' shizzle...
...along with a quote here.

Attn.: For all few of you who read my blog

This post ties in with my last...so if this one leaves you with questions, just read the previous post. I am asking for prayers from those of you who read this. Starting Monday, October 1st (technically...that would be today), I will begin fasting in preparation for Thursday, October 4th when I will spend a good bit of time before God praying for Him to show me what it is He wants me to ask Him (again, if this doesn't make since, read previous post).

I have looked through my daily routine(s) and have decided that my fasting shall include the following changes:
  • I will only be allowed 1 hour of time on the computer.
  • I will only be allowed 1 hour of time watching television (this includes movies).
  • I will only listen to forms of Christian music OR Classical music (I clearly can't control what is played at work, so this can only be applied to what I can control.).
  • I will only drink water.
  • I will not consume fried, greasy, or fast food.
  • I will not consume any chocolate (which has become very much apart of my daily diet...).
What are specifics that you could pray for?
  • Perseverance: that I stay focused and constant during these days that I may be able to come before God at the appointed time and be prepared.
  • Sensitivity: to the Spirit's moving/God's voice, that I will be able to clearly see/hear and obey.
  • Understanding: this is basically the whole reason why I am doing this. I need, and want, to understand what it is that God is wanting me to ask. I believe that this desire He is wanting to reveal to me is very much a life-changing thing, and is very important. I need to understand Him.
  • Anything that the Spirit leads you to pray about (especially things that I may have failed to think of and/or mention here).
I plan on setting aside time during Thursday when I will not be available because I will be spending that time in prayer. When those times have been decided I will post them. I do realize that you cannot make God run on your own schedule and that He could reveal whenever He so decides to, but I am setting these times aside so that it is only me and God. After those times, feel free to contact me, whatever.

I do welcome any phone calls, emails, texts, etc.. during this entire process! Please, feel free to call and ask how things are and to check up on me (Accountability! GONNA NEED IT!)!

Well, it's late and I should already have gone to bed, but I couldn't sleep until I posted this.

Until whenever...

1 comment:

baloney said...

10-4.... wait... I have been at work too long... haha... anyhow, praying for ya... I'm excited to see what's in store for you!!

I heart you too, btw...

gosh are we dorks or what...

It's okay to be a dork though... I checked...