Friday, December 28, 2007

"You guys have an ugly road of stupid to face."

I'm ready! You ready?
"Oh, so you've met my mom!"

Can I just say how much I h-e-a-r-t the new HAIRSPRAY? So fun...so very fun. And yes, I will be watching it over and over to learn the dances (in case ANY of you were wondering...)! Hahaha!

So, quick lil' update for you guys... After 5 o'clock in the p.m. on Saturday, December 30, I will no longer be employed by the Barnes & Noble. It is a bit sad because I've built relationships with some of my co-workers and will definitely miss seeing them on a regular basis, but this is something that I really do believe (and after seeking outside counsel from wise women of God) that this is the decision God would have me make. I will be looking for a part-time job closer to home and focusing on music (i.e., writing, playing, etc..). It was definitely a tough decision, but had to be done. I can't wait to see what all God's gonna do with this...I'm excited!

Moving on...

I must say that I am a bit sad that my current read is almost finished. I picked up We Have Always Lived In the Castle, by Shirley Jackson, and it has been very good (She also wrote "The Lottery" and The Haunting of Hill House, for those of you who may recognize her through those writings). It is a bit dark on the humor side and quite different from my normal reads. I do recommend it to those who enjoy reading. As you read you can just picture it being put as a film directed by Tim Burton... *Side note: I wish he would and cast me as Mary Katherine.

Music wise I am very much stuck on the soundtrack to HAIRSPRAY, mainly because I bought the movie and have been watching it (which definitely tells you what my current movie is). When I don't have that in my head I have the soundtrack to High School Musical 2 playing in there as well (yes, I do own that now too! And Allie Shirley...we should totally have a girls' night and watch it! And p.s., I have the soundtracks to the first and second HSM movies that come with karaoke discs!)... Yes, I am a dork/loser/freak/whatever, BUT! all your lives would be boring if I weren't...so, boo-yah!

Well, I am gonna peace out for now...

The End.

No comments: